Tuesday, April 21

Gila Box

Had met a guy while in Baja who told me about a place called The Gila Box in Arizona.  I had never heard of it before and I had lived in Arizona many years ago.  He swore it was the best kept secret in Arizona if one was into the outdoor scene.  After leaving Tombstone I headed north to the town of Safford.  The Gila Box is located just to the north of this town.  Dry camped outside of Safford for a couple of nights to explore the area prior to going to "The Box".   Range outside of Safford goes up to over 10,000 feet in elevation so I did some riding and hiking with Petey in the area.

Of course, Petey is always checking out where we are headed for the day.












































































Above picture was taken while on the bike at 9300 feet. 

While in the Gila Box area I saw one other couple in two days.  Great camping, riding and plenty of solitude.



































2 comments:

  1. Holey Smoley Park these are BEAUTIFUL! Makes me want to get outdoors and explore! I hope someday you write a book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holey Smoley Park these are BEAUTIFUL! Makes me want to get outdoors and explore! I hope someday you write a book!

    ReplyDelete

We welcome all comments to the blog, but due to spammers, all comments will be approved by the moderator prior to posting. Thanks for your comments.