Sunday, April 12

Arizona (Quartzite & Sedona)

After crossing back into Arizona and picking up the trailer/bike I hung out in Yuma for a couple of days where I did some work on the truck.  From there I started working my way north towards Sedona with stops in Quartszite and Prescott.  While in Quartzite I met some real characters.  Ran across this guy at a bookstore on the outskirts of town.  He was very knowledgeable on numerous subjects and the surrounding area.  Was interesting talking with him but I think he's been out in the desert a little too long............


Another Quartzite local...........
 Sunset from camp outside of town.  Thousands of BLM acres surrounding the area where lots of snowbirds come down for the winter to camp.  Basically just drive out in the desert and find a spot. No services just dry camping in the desert.
 Campsite for a couple of nights.

























After Quartszite I headed to Sedona with a one night stop in Prescott.  Sedona is a beautiful area. Had planned on two nights and ended up staying a week where I did some riding, hiking and just exploring the area.  Pictures will explain why the extended stay.













No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome all comments to the blog, but due to spammers, all comments will be approved by the moderator prior to posting. Thanks for your comments.