Saturday, March 21

I may die!


After spending three nights at Laguna Le Liebre I continued south down towards Bahia Asunscion. Had met someone at the whale watching lagoon and was going to do some exploring in some remote canyons together after meeting back up in a couple of days.   On the drive down really started to feel bad and figured I'd picked up some kind of stomach bug.    Felt horrible so once I reached the coast I four wheeled up the coast a few miles, found a secluded spot, set up camp and sleep for what felt like days.  Did nothing outside Bahia Ascuncion other than sleep, try to stay hydrated and take Petey out. Petey loves to go for walks and if he doesn't get his walks he'll drive you nuts.  Not so fun when you feel like you want to crawl in a hole and die.  Was a long day and night but the following morning it appeared I may live but it could go either way. Decided not to stay and wait so packed up and headed towards Mulege.  Had told the other party that if I didn't show at the appointed meeting place they'd know I'd moved on.  Had been told of a park in Mulege that had great camping, hot shower, and wi-fi.  Needed somewhere to simply lay up for a couple of days to try and get rid of this stomach bug and recharge as I was still feeling like I'd been run over.

Bahia Asuncion

















Couple of nights in Mulege and was feeling much better.  While there I had met Ben and his bulldog, Baby.  Ben had driven a 76 Volkswagon van out from Novia Scotia and had been on the road for 6 months.  We were both headed to Bahia Concepcion so decided to camp together for a couple of nights in Mulege.

Petey's new friend.......... Baby.




Ben's classic ride.




Felt well enough the following afternoon to drive into Mulege (4 miles) to look around, live on the edge and take the chance to put something back in my stomach.  


























This guy looks trustworthy?  When eating these taco's all I could think of was how bad I'd felt over the past couple of days.  If I get something from these I may not make it out of Baja!


Up next, Whale Sharks in Bahia Concepcion.

3 comments:

  1. Poor Petey! I'm glad you are feeling better and he is back to his normal walks! Tiffy say's she is ready for you to bring the dog home. 'o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I think I may survive. Baja Petey isn't through roaming around just yet but should return before the end of May.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent adventure man!

    ReplyDelete

We welcome all comments to the blog, but due to spammers, all comments will be approved by the moderator prior to posting. Thanks for your comments.